What’s black and white and sticky all over? If you said scary spiders sitting on a web, you’d be right!
There are lots of different spider species to be found here in Longview, many of which would be more than happy to move into your home. The warm climate and mild winters of our area ensure that there is always a large supply of these arachnids, especially in and around residential areas. A few of the more common varieties are:
- Cellar Spiders
- Wolf Spiders
- Jumping Spiders
Most of these spider species are harmless at best, and perhaps mildly annoying at the worse. While some are capable of biting humans, these punctures rarely last long and are sometimes undetectable by certain individuals. Spiders are more a nuisance pest than anything else. However, these eager eight-legged emissaries are never a welcome sight in the average home.
Five Big Tips for Spider Prevention For Homeowners
The best way to keep spiders out of the home is to eliminate the factors that force them to move inside in the first place. This can be done by following the five tips listed below:
- Sweep away any and all webs that have formed within the home. Take care to brush away any external webs that have formed too close to the sides and entry points of the residence.
- Address moisture concerns in the home to reduce the amount of available water for pests. This can be done with a dehumidifier or a set of desiccant bags.
- Proper food and trash storage are paramount for a spider-free home.
- Check for secondary pest infestations. While not always the case, spiders often follow and ‘camp’ near their pest prey in order to receive a steady supply of food. Even if you have not noticed the signs or symptoms of secondary pest activity, it may be wise to receive a second opinion right away.
- Identify and seal up potential home entry points. Check the area around door sweeps, window screens, and the foundations of the home. Seal compromised areas with waterproof caulking, or consult a home repair professional for additional help.
- Do you want confirmation of the secondary pest infestation that could be plaguing your home? Reach out to the elimination experts at Innovative Pest Control to schedule a complimentary home inspection right away. Our service agents will get to the root of your pest issue as soon as possible.
The Most Important Tip Of All: Innovative Pest Control!
While spiders are not necessarily the deadliest of pests, they certainly are unwarranted intruders in the peace and privacy of your home. Should a large number of arachnids begin to appear in the home, the chances of a secondary infestation may be a disturbing possibility. This is not always the case, but the absence of a household diagnosis could lead to even more pest problems down the road.
Contact the team at Innovative Pest Control now for advice or assistance related to internal and external spider prevention. Our team is aware of the dangers spiders can cause, both to your physical and emotional well being. For over two decades and counting, Innovative Pest Control has dedicated time to developing safe, simple, and cost-effective arachnid treatments that eliminate pest threats before they become an infestation.
Speak to one of our spider elimination professionals now by calling Innovative Pest Control right away or to have your questions answered by a service member, please reach out to us using the contact form embedded on-site. We are ready to apply the spider prevention services that so many residents have come to rely on. Trust the pros at Innovative Pest Control today!
- Pest Control,
- Spider Control,
- Home Pest Control,
- Spider Infestations,
- Spider Prevention,
- Pest Prevention
The post Easy Tricks To Keep Spiders Out Of Your Home appeared first on Innovative Pest Control.