What's worse than a termite in the wall? Two termites in the wall! If there is already a clear sign of termite activity in your home, it won’t take too much guesswork to determine there may be a full-blown infestation nearby. The humid climate and mild winters we get here in Texas doesn’t help much, allowing termites to live, thrive, and survive in homes all around the area.
Termites are easily identified by their black, brown, yellow, or cream-colored bodies. Large pincers on top of a 1/8 to 3/8-inch body seem almost comical, especially when viewed up close. While these tiny home terrors cannot bite humans, they possess ways to hurt us in other ways. This includes extensive property damage and destruction.
In case you thought termites were no big deal, keep in mind that these insects cause over five billion dollars’ worth of property damage every year. What’s even worse, termite damage is not usually covered under homeowners' insurance. This may leave unprepared homeowners vulnerable to health risks and financial ruin.
Four Tips That Will Make Your Home Less Accessible To Termites
Termite prevention is the single most effective strategy for protecting your home from seasonal damage. The following four tips are perfect for implementation in any sized home or property.
- Address moisture issues in the home by using a dehumidifier or set of desiccant bags.
- Proper wood storage is essential for the mitigation of termite infiltration. Stack firewood away from the sides of the home, careful to throw away any rotten or molding pieces.
- Eliminate soil to wood contact around the home. Pay special attention to mulching that touches the sides or foundations of the home and remove it if necessary. River rock, gravel, and pea stone are all excellent alternatives that look stylish and act fast against encroaching termites.
- Clear debris piles such as leaves and weeds as often as possible.
- Are you unsure about the type of termites swarming around your backyard? Get extra prevention advice and a free inspection to boot when you call the office of Innovative Pest Control today.
Professional Treatments Begin With Innovative Pest Control
It doesn’t take a genius to figure out why termites are so dangerous to homes in the area. Big colonies and even bigger appetites make short work of wooden supports and beams. Priceless furniture items may become breeding grounds for new larvae, and the pests are able to hollow out walls, sag ceilings, and empty out attics in the meantime. It would be much easier to write off termite damage as a ‘one-time deal,’ or as a singular incident with no repercussions. But let’s not kid ourselves: termite damage is serious, and it won’t go away without a fight. The most effective way to protect your home from termites and termite damage is with professional assistance and control methods.
Innovative Pest Control is no exception, proudly protecting homes and families from termite destruction since our founding in 1992. We believe in not only a standard of excellence, but in a standard of life. Our expert treatments eliminate termites at their source, wiping out colonies before they get a chance to regroup or re establish themselves in a home. Thorough follow-up visits and friendly home inspections are our stamp of approval and quality on every residential termite treatment.
Schedule a residential treatment for your Texas residence today by calling Innovative Pest Control now. Our online staff members will be happy to answer all of your questions over the phone or through our integrated online contact form. We want you to be safe, comfortable, and excited about your pest free home.