Your home has a lot to offer spiders who are looking to get out of the hot sun and find a moist, cool place with a reliable food source. However, it isn’t our food they are after. Spiders tend to follow other pests inside a home, spinning webs to catch their prey – which means, if you are seeing spiders in your home, you undoubtedly have other pests that the spiders are feeding on, such as flies, roaches or mosquitoes. How do you pull up the welcome mat to let spiders know you don’t have room to be bothered by pests?
Prevention Tips To Help Keep Spiders Out Of Your Home
- Turn off outside lights when not necessary. Leaving outside lights on at night attracts other bugs, which in turn attracts spiders. Spiders are looking for food, so make sure you don’t have any other pest problems that could attract the spiders.
- Do not store wood near your home.
- Vegetation and overgrowth near a home will attract spiders and other pest. Keep grass trimmed short and remove lawn debris. Also, trim lawn hedges and other vegetation so that it doesn’t touch your home.
- Reduce lawn clutter that can become a hiding place for spiders to get out of the sun.
- Besides being drawn to the shade and vegetation around your home, the moisture around your foundation attracts them. They just need to find a way to get inside your home. Look for any gaps or holes in your siding. Seal all cracks in your foundation and fill any gaps around your windows and doors.
While you may only see a spider ‘here or there’ keep in mind that spiders lay anywhere from 50-300 eggs (brown recluse lay around 50, a black widow can produce 10 to 20 sacs in their lifetime, each sac containing 150-300 eggs). If you are only seeing the occasional spider, you have to wonder where the rest of their siblings went to! That’s why it is best to contact us for a free inspection.
Innovative Pest Control has garnered a 4.9★rating on Google because we provide outstanding customer service – but don’t take our word for it! Here is what a couple of our customers said in their reviews:
“Really like Innovative Pest Control. They take the time to talk to you and offer pest solutions to meet your needs.” – M. Jenson
“We’ve been using them since we moved here, almost 9 years now. They do a great job and are extremely flexible with your schedule. If you have any problems, they will come out before your next scheduled service. Never had a problem with this company!! Honest and dependable! Highly recommend!!!” – A. Kennemer
Be sure to take advantage of our special pricing. Contact us today to schedule your free home inspection or to get started with pest control services for your home.
- Spider Control,
- Spider Infestations,
- Spider Prevention,
- Black Widow Spider
The post How To Stop Summer Spiders From Making Their Way Into Your Home appeared first on Innovative Pest Control.