July 31, 2018
What A Subterranean Termite Infestation Looks Like
There are many pests that can be found living in close proximity to people and properties in East Texas. Some of these pests are just a nuisance, while others are dangerous and extremely destructive to both our properties and our bank accounts. One species of destructive insect that can be found living throughout both Texas and the rest of the country is the subterranean termite.
At Innovative Pest Control, our experts want to help East Texas protect their properties from destructive termites by providing some helpful information about termites and, more specifically, about the damages that subterranean termites can cause are and the common signs of an infestation. By working together, we can help to ensure that your home and savings account are never severely damaged by wood-eating East Texas termites!
How Subterranean Termites Damage Texas Homes
Subterranean termites cause costly damages inside the wood they invade. These pests work diligently day and night, creating channels through the wood as they harvest it to take back and feed to the other members of their colony. Over time, this constant activity will weaken the structural integrity of the wood enough to make it possible to break through it without much force.
Damages that termites cause include:
- Termites can cause damage to wooden siding, especially any wooden siding that is making direct contact with soil.
- Termite can damage door frames; the damage will start at the base of the trim where ground contact is being made.
- Termites can cause damage to walls, especially if an infestation has been present for a long period of time; you may start to notice that walls are beginning to bulge out due to these damages.
- Termites will cause damage inside floors and ceilings, potentially damaging their structural integrity and causing them to warp over time.
- The damages termites cause to walls, ceilings, and floors can make it so that the doors and windows inside of your home are no longer able to open or close properly.
- Termites usually invade and begin damaging wood in the ground level of a home; termites will often invade crawl spaces, causing extensive structural damages inside of them.
Signs Of Subterranean Termites
While the presence of termites and their damages can be difficult to spot, they do leave behind some common warning signs. Some signs of their presence include:
- Finding piles of discarded wings that reproductive termites leave behind after a termite swarm has occurred. Their wings are typically found around doors and windows as well as on walkways or porches.
- Discovering mud tubes on your property; termites create mud tubes that are about the width of a pencil to travel through in order to maintain their temperature and humidity needs as they move back and forth from your home to their underground nest.
- Noticing that the wood or walls inside of your home sound hollow when they are tapped or whose surfaces appear to be blistered or splintered.
- Hearing the rustling sounds of insect activity behind the walls of your home.
- Discovering what you think is water damage inside of your home; oftentimes the damages that termites cause appear similar to water damages.
Our Termite Control Services
If at any time you discover what you think are termite damages or signs of their presence on your property or inside of your home, contact the East Texas termite control experts at Innovative Pest Control immediately. To protect homes from termites, we use and highly recommend the award-winning Sentricon® System with Always Active™ technology: one of the most trusted products for controlling and eliminating subterranean termites! When working with the professionals at Innovative Pest Control, you can expect the total elimination of termites, the prevention of future termite problems, and more! To learn more about implementing this long-term solution to termites on your East Texas property in order to protect your home from being invaded by wood-damaging termites, get in touch with us at Innovative Pest Control today!