Many of us enjoy seeing birds, deer, rabbits, and other wildlife in your own backyard, but we must keep in mind that some of them can cause major problems on your property. When they get into gardens and landscaping areas, the property damage can be extremely discouraging - and costly - because of the time and money you have already invested in creating a nice outdoor space. Gophers and moles are prime examples of problematic wildlife in East Texas that can wreak havoc on your property and are very hard to avoid. First, you will want to know the difference between the two, and then you will need to seek professional treatment from an experienced pest control company to help you eradicate this wildlife problem.
Basic Information About Gophers
- They grow up to about 1 pound in weight and up to 13 inches in length.
- Gophers can range in color from light brown to dark brown.
- They have very short stout legs and large teeth and incisors.
- Gophers use external, fur-lined cheek pouches to carry food.
- They feed on plants and roots which damages plants, trees, and lawns.
- Gophers can tunnel underground, creating a multitude of unsightly mounds.
Basic Information About Moles
- Moles are similar size as mice and voles and have soft, gray, velvety fur.
- They have small eyes and small ears that are mostly hidden by their fur.
- Moles have large, rounded front feet, with claws perfectly fashioned for digging.
- They have pointed noses and do not require a lot of oxygen.
- Moles feed mostly on earthworms, ants, and beetles.
- They tunnel just below the surface of the ground to find food.
- Moles can damage flower beds, gardens, lawns, and landscaping.
Gopher & Mole Removal Services
If you have seen property damage and suspect you have a gopher or mole problem on your East Texas property, call on the experts at Innovative Pest Control. Handling gophers and moles alone can be dangerous, and because they live under the ground it is extremely difficult to capture them. Our Innovative gopher and mole control services include the removal of these destructive gophers and moles from your property with effective trapping methods. We can also help you to prevent their presence on your property in the future.
We know that your home and property are important to you, and we don’t think anyone should be bothered by these destructive and annoying pests. Contact us today! One of our Innovative Pest Control technicians will come out to inspect your property for signs of gophers and moles, and determine the best method of pest control and prevention that is just right for your East Texas property.